The value of an investment in the portfolios and any income from them can go down as well as up and as with any investment you may not receive back the amount originally invested.
- Counterparty Risk The possibility that the counterparty to a transaction may be unwilling or unable to meet its obligations
- Derivatives Risk Derivatives can behave unexpectedly. The pricing and volatility of many derivatives may diverge from strictly reflecting the pricing or volatility of their underlying reference(s), instrument or asset
- Exchange Rate Risk Changes in currency exchange rates could reduce or increase investment gains or investment losses, in some cases significantly
- Index Tracking Risk To the extent that the Fund seeks to replicate index performance by holding individual securities, there is no guarantee that its composition or performance will exactly match that of the target index at any given time (“tracking error”)
- Interest Rate Risk When interest rates rise, bond values generally fall. This risk is generally greater the longer the maturity of a bond investment and the higher its credit quality
- Investment Leverage Risk Investment Leverage occurs when the economic exposure is greater than the amount invested, such as when derivatives are used. A Fund that employs leverage may experience greater gains and/or losses due to the amplification effect from a movement in the price of the reference source
- Liquidity Risk Liquidity Risk is the risk that a Fund may encounter difficulties meeting its obligations in respect of financial liabilities that are settled by delivering cash or other financial assets, thereby compromising existing or remaining investors
- Operational Risk Operational risks may subject the Fund to errors affecting transactions, valuation, accounting, and financial reporting, among other things
Any views expressed were held at the time of preparation and are subject to change without notice. Any forecast, projection or target where provided is indicative only and not guaranteed in any way. HSBC Asset Management (UK) Limited accepts no liability for any failure to meet such forecast, projection or target.
“Bloomberg®”, Bloomberg Barclays MSCI USD Corporate SRI Carbon ESG-Weighted Index and Bloomberg MSCI Euro Corporate SRI Carbon ESG-Weighted Index are service marks of Bloomberg Finance L.P. and its affiliates, including Bloomberg Index Services Limited (“BISL”), the administrator of the index (collectively, “Bloomberg”) and have been licensed for use for certain purposes by HSBC Asset Management. Bloomberg is not affiliated with HSBC Asset Management, and Bloomberg does not approve, endorse, review, or recommend the HSBC Bloomberg USD Sustainable Corporate Bond UCITS ETF and the HSBC Bloomberg EUR Sustainable Corporate Bond UCITS ETF. Bloomberg does not guarantee the timeliness, accurateness, or completeness of any data or information relating to the HSBC Bloomberg USD Sustainable Corporate Bond UCITS ETF and the HSBC Bloomberg EUR Sustainable Corporate Bond UCITS ETF.